You may think that this is a bit of an obvious question. At Vital Documents, we naturally know the answer, but will you guess them all?
Here’s our starter for 5…
- Loss: Lack of space at home usually ends up with misplaced personal documents. You end up finding a ‘safe place’ to put something you know you’ll need later on. But you also know that the moment you actually need something, that’s the time you can’t find it!
- Distance: You may know exactly where your document is, but right when you need access to it, you are hundreds (or thousands) of miles away. You may be working in a different country, or have relocated abroad – this is where distance prevents you from doing what you need to do.
- Theft: Figures from the Crime Survey for England and Wales (CSEW) show that there were an estimated 7.5 million incidents of crime against households and resident adults (aged 16 and over) in England and Wales alone during 2013. And theft of personal documents to fuel identity fraud is on the rise.
- Fire: During 2011-12, fire and rescue authorities attended over 270,000 fires just in the UK. 44,300 of these were household fires. Yet most people would not think to store their documents within fire-proof storage.
- Damage: But the most likely cause of issues to your documents is that of straightforward damage. Water damage through flooding, mischievous animals, or just your children ‘playing around’ are all examples of how your precious documents can become unusable.
Vital Documents specialises in the protection of your personal documents. Somewhere safe so that you don’t have to worry about them. If we can help you, just give us a call on 0333 122 8175 and we’ll do our best to help…